Sunday, August 30, 2020

Brooks Range

For several years now I have been pretty good about including at least a short blurp about field work. This has actually served me well, even just for finding a few photos. But somehow with the pandemic and very reduced field work I didn't even manage to keep up with the small amount I did. So here we go.

Last August I had the opportunity to fly Chris Larsen's Lidar in the Brooks Range. We covered the Gates of the Arctic, which I knew a little bit from a previous trip and then the Arrigetch Peaks, which are a small very remote and stunning mountain range. There are only a few small glaciers left in this area.

 

 
 The endlessly meandering Alatna River
 
 
 Arrigetch peaks with a few of the remaining glaciers
 

Mt. Igipak
 

 The Gates of the Arctic

No comments:

Post a Comment